Pattern Imprinted Concrete is a method of stamping the surface of freshly poured ready mixed concrete to simulate the look of cobbles, brick, slate, tile & stone. Pattern Imprinted Concrete is maintenance free and unlike Gravel, Asphalt or Block Paving will not sink or spread, and is weed and stain resistant. It is a perfect soultion for driveways, patios and paving for homes and commercial premises.
- Weed free
- Low maintenance
- Oil & stain resistant
- Permanent colour & texture
- UV stable (will not fade)
- Freeze / Thaw protected concrete
- Fibre re-inforced
- Matt or gloss finish
- Fully proven worldwide
- Every installation is distinctive and unique
The installation process;
- Firstly we excavate your area to be paved and remove all soil from the site.
- Next, a crushed stone or hardcore sub-base is added to level and plate compacted to provide a solid foundation.
- Formwork / shuttering is then erected to shape and hold the concrete in position while it is being placed.
- The specially formulated fibre re-inforced concrete is then placed at 100mm / 4" thick.
- The high strength mix is compacted, coloured and trowel finished.
- An 'Antique' release is then added. This stops our printing mats from sticking to the concrete and provides a secondary colour in the deeper parts of the pattern, to give a natural look.
- Once the concrete has cured sufficiently (generally 24-48 hours, dependant on time of year) the surface is washed down to reveal the base colour of paving. The surrounding area is also cleaned at this time.
- Control joints are cut and the pattern aligned where possible.
- Once dry, the surface is then sealed (matt or gloss) to protect it from stains, and to enhance the colour.